Sunday 7 April 2013

Make a Card Monday

I have used a doily in this card that I found in a Hospice shop. It was a table mat with 9 little doilies joined together. I cut them to make individual doilies. They are the perfect size for a card. The paper on the card is all scraps left over from layouts. I distressed the edge of the base paper. I used a Kaisercraft mannequin and covered it in a piece of paper. Inked the edges. Used some white satin ribbon and a white flower and coloured it with alcohol ink to match paper. I added a button and a kaisercraft sentiment

Below is a crad I have made using the sizzix doilies.
I first cut out a doilie from cream cardstock. Then I cut a 1 inch circle from the centre.
I took a variety of washi tape and stuck together long stripe of it so it was almost like double sided ribbon. Cutting 1in pieces at a diagonal to create little flags. The first layer were attached through the circle flat onto the doily. The second layer was raised using foam squares. This meant that any further layers gave dimension to the flower
I carried on with different colours of washi tape until the flower centre was complete.
I embossed the background pink card stock using a dotty embossing folder through the sizzix. then added some flags from Basic Grey and wrote Happy Birthday on one of them. I assembled the finished card.


No comments:

Post a Comment