Wednesday 31 July 2013

Birthday Cake Card

Birthday Cake Card
Those who know me know I do like little lights. Xmas lights are way to nice to have only once a year. I found these little battery operated tea light candles and loved them so much I wanted to make something with them. They reminded me of birthday cakes so the exploding box birthday box was made.
This box was made from one sheet of card stock and scraps  of paper. The flowers cut out with a punch and shaped with a dot of pearl in the centre.The leaves were scraps from an old kit.
I did have to cut a hole in the bottom of the box so you can turn the candle on and off. After making a few of these boxes now I recommend you use the extra sticky tape on the candle to attach to base and for paper around candle.




No comments:

Post a Comment